Board Goals for 2013-2014
Goal 1: Increase the Board’s understanding of programs and processes in RSU1.
- Request from appropriate staff an end of the year assessment report on new programs to the 2013-2014 budget.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of the new staff evaluation process through an update from the superintendent and designees.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the special education program through presentations by the special education director and at least one outside presenter.Questions to address:what are the mandates?What drives the programming/costs?How is it managed?
Goal 2: Continue to work on developing additional means for improved public relations within the district and our community.
- Develop measures/processes to ensure that parents, businesses, and community members are actively engaged in the educational process.
- Conduct a survey (or some other method of outreach) from families who live within the district, but send their children to schools outside the system.
Goal 3: Ensure that all students have the opportunity to learn and achieve in safe and educationally sound facilities by meeting the needs of the district with a focus on adequate space and quality learning environments.
- Execute the renovation bond.
Goal 4: Develop by the end of the year a tool to evaluate the effectiveness and performance of our individual providers that serve our pre-K program.
- Build the tool; apply the tool; present the outcome of that evaluation to the Board.
Adopted: November 25, 2013