Here's what we were up to last Friday, October 12th, for our Professional Development Day!
250 RSU1 employees attended the ACTEM (Association of Computer Technology Educators of Maine) Conference in Augusta. Some of the workshop sessions we participated in were:
- Using 3D printing across the curriculum
- Creating Makerspaces
- Teaching coding
- Using Google Suite in the classroom
- Using Drones
- Using and creating with Google Expedition
- Using the Adobe Spark software
- Using various Synergy modules in the school environment
- Infusing Google into the classroom with student voice and understanding
- Using Green Screens throughout the curriculum and school day
- Locating & using digital primary sources
Our district also had eleven staff members who presented at the conference. They represented RSU1 well by sharing their knowledge and skills with other educators from all across the state.