RSU1 and the Food Service Department are happy to be able to offer local coffee to staff and students at Morse.
At Morse we have a great breakfast program! Some of the items we serve are: homemade muffins, breakfast sandwiches, and yogurt smoothies made with organic yogurt from The Milkhouse Dairy Farm in Monmouth ME. We want to make sure that students are eating breakfast and we felt that offering coffee would be a great way to get them to check out what’s on the menu for breakfast.
Here is how it works:
- Our coffee is roasted just down the road in Topsham -- it’s the Wicked Joe brand, which is ORGANIC, FAIR TRADE COFFEE.
- We offer 1 size: 12oz. Not too small, not too large -- a great size to get your morning started.
- Price: $1.00/cup.
- Cream & Sugar: The RSU1 School Board & Food Service Department are concerned about the intake of fat & sugar calories, so we are limiting our offering to a maximum of 2 sugars and 2 creams per sale. Sugar & cream will be dispensed at the register. Please do not ask our cashiers for more.
- Serving time: 7:00am-10:00am.
- Begins: October 1
A couple of things to note:
- We understand that some students and families would prefer not to have coffee due to the caffeine. This is an optional product, not part of our breakfast or lunch program. Similar to many other ala carte items we offer, this is optional.
- Some customers may object to the portion size or limit on the cream & sugar. We have chosen to place limits on these items in order to find a balance between the needs of all parties involved.
We recognize that the RSU1 community has multiple options to purchase coffee and our offering may not meet their needs. That said, this is simply a way for the RSU1 Food Service Department to offer something that staff & students are interested in while highlighting some of the offerings we have for breakfast.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me:
Food Service Director, RSU1
(207) 443 6601, ex.114