RSU1 is part of the Merrymeeting Consortium, a food buying group. The Merrymeeting Consortium is issuing the following statement about a bid.
Merrymeeting Consortium would like to formally announce that we are seeking a prime food vendor for the 2018-2019 school year. For more information on how to submit a proposal please contact Allison Leavitt: firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-353-3044. Submitted proposals need to be received no later than May 17, 2018.
WELCOME TO THE RSU1 FOOD PROGRAM
WE WANT TO FEED YOUR KIDS!
Did you know?
- Every day all of our schools serve meals that are healthy and nutritious!
- We offer FRESH fruit and vegetables EVERY DAY – it’s a State requirement!
- Your child has a daily choice for lunch – if they are not interested in the hot entrée option, they can choose a cold sandwich or salad bar offered at most schools!
- Our kitchen staff receives training every year – topics range from nutrition, food preparation, and safety. Many of our cooks have restaurant experience and have years of cooking experience!
- Our program purchases fresh fruit and vegetables on a weekly basis from the same vendors that many local restaurants use!
We encourage families that qualify to apply for the FREE and REDUCED Program
- Contact your school secretary for an application (one will be sent with your child the first week of school).
- Information from these applications is kept CONFIDENTIAL! Once returned to the school office, they come directly to the Food Service Director.
As the new Director of Food Service for RSU1, I am excited about the prospect of feeding your children. As the year goes on, we will be making exciting changes to our menu and program – so please stay tuned. We will be evaluating our menus in order to implement meals that are exciting, nutritious and fun. We hope to work with staff to find opportunities to integrate food into the curriculum. We would like to implement programs such as purchasing local foods, conducting taste-testings, and recipe development with students.
We believe the food that we are serving is as fresh and healthy as what is prepared at home. We know that your time is precious, especially as you race to get your children ready to start the day. We would love to have the opportunity to take some of that burden from you – let us provide your children with a healthy breakfast or lunch each day!
Director of Food Service and Nutrition
Phone: (207) 443-6601 Ext 114
Fax: (207) 443-8295